Thursday, May 11, 2017

Lizzie Borden, #Zombie Hunter in the news!

Cool! I got a mention for Lizzie Borden, #Zombie Hunter in The Guardian newspaper-
The Lizzie Borden murder industry won't die - but its feminism has.

I like the subhead - But zombies and other kitsch are taking over the franchise.

That's me!!!!

Ooops!!!! - they think C.A. Verstraete is a he. haaa! (Ah, the fun is over. They fixed it.  :) ) 

I beg to differ with the analysis, of course, as I never intended to use Lizzie in this setting just for gore's sake. In the horror realm, she has a purpose, and it also makes perfect sense in the genre, based on the actual autopsy photos. It sounds like the writer is not necessarily a horror fan, given the mention of the Christina Ricci movie, too. (Which I liked.) And unlike in real life, Lizzie is even somewhat heroic, and not only a social pariah. I followed the facts, even if I gave them a fictional twist. But hey, a mention is a mention. No complaints, there.

Let's see if this gets anyone curious enough to want to read it!



   About LizzieBorden, Zombie Hunter by C.A. Verstraete:

Every family has its secrets…

One hot August morning in 1892, Lizzie Borden picked up an axe and murdered her father and stepmother. Newspapers claim she did it for the oldest of reasons: family conflicts, jealousy and greed. But what if her parents were already dead? What if Lizzie slaughtered them because they’d become zombies?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer