Friday, March 10, 2017

Movies I’m Excited to See

There’s a lot of movies coming out this year that I’m excited to see. Some of them will be watching in the theater, while others will be rented. I’ve listed some of the movies below (no particular order).

Alien: Covenant



This movie is the sequel to Prometheus, which wasn’t exactly a fabulous movie, but I’m willing to give this one a chance. I’m a huge Alien fan, and this movie looks like it taps into the basis that made the other films so amazing. I’ll let you know how that goes.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2





Seriously, how can anyone pass up on Baby Groot? The first film was so amazing and funny, I can’t wait to see what they do with the sequel. And again, Baby Groot!

King Kong: Skull Island



I’m a huge creature feature fan, and Kong is the king of creature features. There have been some questionable remakes in the past, but I think this one is going to be fun. I’m not asking for depth, and I’m pretty sure I’ll get it with this film. Plus, c’mon! Samuel Jackson and King Kong? You know there’s going to be some great (horrible) lines.

Power Rangers



My boys used to watch Power Rangers all the time on TV, but waaaaaaay before they came along, my friend in high school used to watch them. They’ve been around for a while. The TV show is more often than not a little cheesy and the battle sequences get really weird (for example, in every episode, the bad guys grows to gigantic proportions, so the Power Rangers have to combine into whatever they combine in to, but the battle, no matter where it starts [beach, forest] always takes place in a city), but this movie looks a little grittier. I think it’s something both the boys and I will enjoy.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales



I don’t doubt that we could argue about whether or not the Pirates movies have run their course, but I have one word for you: ZOMBIES (or an iteration of them)! I’m sold.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

I still need to see Rogue One, but I’m a huge Star Wars fan, so this is definitely on my list.

Transformers: The Last Knight



I really like the Transformer movies, and I was sold with dinosaur transformers. I’m excited to see where this one goes.

Wonder Woman



Wooooooooot for super hero movies!

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword



I came across this film randomly when I followed someone back on Twitter. I think it looks a-m-a-z-i-n-g and it’s got a lot of eye candy. Fights and eye candy: my criteria for a watchable movie.

There are a lot more great movies coming out this year, but these are on the top of my list. Which ones are you looking forward to seeing?

2 comments:

  1. Beat me to it! I want to see the new Pirates and Wonder Woman! They both look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool list. Lot of good stuff coming out.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer