Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Another #1LineWed

It's another #1LineWed - 1 Line Wednesday!

Today I thought I'd offer lines from two books - one from Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter and another line from a book I'm reading.




After the first hit, Lizzie closed her eyes, too, but kept swinging the hatchet.

About Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter:

Every family has its secrets…


One hot August morning in 1892, Lizzie Borden picked up an axe and murdered her father and stepmother. Newspapers claim she did it for the oldest of reasons: family conflicts, jealousy and greed. But what if her parents were already dead? What if Lizzie slaughtered them because they’d become... zombies?  


 As for my reading, I've had a tendency lately to hop from book to book. I read one at night (that one being The Virgin's Lover (about England's Queen Elizabeth) by Philippa Gregory. During the day I have a couple other books I pick up here and there, or when I'm waiting somewhere. That's not including the books started on the Kindle, of course.



  I'd read the first book in this series, Gone, by Michael Grant, and started the second one, Hunger, a while ago.  Gone is a dystopian, sci-fi where all but the young disappear. It's every kid for themselves as they fight to survive among cliques and gangs in an abandoned high school. It can get pretty rough and brutal.

 In Hunger, it's three months later, everyone is near starvation, and then something in the Darkness begins calling some of the teens.  And there are odd creatures... and monsters...

1 Line from Hunger: (yeah I picked a rather gross one...)


 Up close he could see the worm, just one, but its black snake's head was buried in pink flesh, boring through Orc's cheek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer