Friday, December 23, 2016

Suicide Squad – A Review



I had been looking forward to watching this movie since the first time I read about it on one of the movie blogs I follow. I love antiheroes. Batman is my all-time favorite. I love how they are conflicted and torn between doing what’s right and wanting revenge. I like how they are human with flaws, emotions, and questions. Having villains become heroes is right up my alley.

Harley Quinn is actually one of my favorite female villains. I’ve watched her in numerous Batman cartoons, so I was interested to see how she would be on the big screen. I thought her character was fine.

I had every intention of seeing this movie in the theater, but time got away from me. Then, when it came out on disc, I couldn’t wait to rent it—but I had to. I didn’t want to buy it just in case it wasn’t that good.

I finally got to watch it last weekend. Amazon had it available for rent. It wasn’t bad. Everyone tells me I need to watch the extended version so it makes more sense, and I’ll probably check it out, but I didn’t think the regular version was terrible. I was upset that my favorite character (who also happened to be the coolest) didn’t make it (I’m not going to tell you who because I don’t want to spoil anything) and the bad bad guys were just meh. I wasn’t fond of the Enchantress. I don’t know a lot about her, so that might have helped.

Overall, though, it was a fun bang bang shoot ‘em up movie. It had eye candy and explosions, so it wasn’t a total loss. I don’t doubt that there will be more in the series, and it ties into the Batman vs. Superman movie and the Justice League movie. If nothing else, it will be interesting to see where the movie goes.

Have you seen it? What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I decided to wait for this to come out On Demand or on Netflix. I do want to see it but don't want to shell out the moola at the theatre. Sounds like a fun couple of hours.
    So, now that they've got this out of the way, isn't it time for Lizzie to get her own movie?!
    Merry Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Lizzie movie would be so great! I can see it! Well, would be cool if someone noticed it. Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer