Friday, November 13, 2015

Pontypool Review and Free Books

Last weekend, I had the privilege of going to Philadelphia to do my Women and Slasher Films presentation at MAPACA. While there, I met some incredibly amazing people and talked a lot about horror films. One of the movies my newfound friends suggested I watch was Pontypool.

I’d seen this movie on several lists previously, and I wanted to see it, I just hadn’t had a chance. I figured since I my evenings were free, I would check it out. I was able to get it on Netflix, so that was a bonus.

Here’s the trailer:



I loved this movie. It isn’t your typical zombie film, but it was done really well. If you’re looking for gore and carnage, this isn’t the film for you. There aren’t any major action scenes, and it’s not scary, but there is some really well done tension.

I can’t tell you too much about this film without ruining it. I feel like you have to experience it for yourself.

Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?

I also wanted to let you wonderful readers know that Life After the Undead, my zombie book that was rereleased on October 27, is currently FREE on Kindle. Today is the last day, so don’t delay! Get it now!


Seventeen-year-old Krista must quickly figure out how she's going to survive in the zombie-destroyed world. The one advantage humans have is that the zombies hate humid environments, so they're migrating west to escape its deteriorating effects. The survivors plan to construct a wall at North Platte to keep the undead out, and Krista has come to Nebraska to start a new life.

Zombies aren’t the only creatures she has to be cautious of—the other survivors have a dark side. Krista must fight not only to live but also to defend everything she holds dear—her country, her freedom, and ultimately, those she loves.

Join Krista in her quest to survive in this thrilling apocalyptic novel by Pembroke Sinclair.

When I checked this morning at 8:00 my time, it was still ranked at #2 in two categories on Amazon: dystopian and survival stories. This is incredibly exciting for me as I’ve never ranked before. Even before the book was free, it was ranking in the top 100 for paid. I think the lowest I got at one point was in the 80s. I lost my mind! It seriously didn’t seem real.

I have you amazing readers to thank for helping push my book up in the rankings. I hope you enjoy it!

Also, if you’re looking for another young adult read that involves demons, The Appeal of Evil is also free on Kindle. Again, today is the last day, so go check it out!


Finally, in her senior year of high school, Katie is resolute in getting over her lifetime crush, Wes. It also helps that Josh, the new and incredibly attractive boy at school with his bad boy persona, gives Katie the attention that Wes never did.

It doesn’t take Katie long to fall for Josh. However, Wes, the boy she had pined over for years, now wants back in her life and for her to stay away from Josh. Even with Wes’ warnings, the choice seems clear to Katie – until she finds out that Josh is actually a demon from Hell.

Torn between loving the “good” guy or the “bad” guy, Katie struggles with the idea that even though Josh is a demon, he might genuinely care for her. Katie wants to invest her heart and soul in love, but she may end up losing both to Hell.

The Appeal of Evil makes you question whether the “bad” guy is truly so bad and if being born a demon truly makes one evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer